Cutting Edge R&D, The Future of Medical Office
In today's age, emerging technologies are creating a transformative opportunity for life sciences, and scientific achievements are on a record pace.
According to a 2018 Global Life Sciences Outlook Report by Deloitte, "Worldwide pharmaceutical and biotech R&D is forecast to grow 2.4% per year to 2022, and total R&D spend is expected to reach US$181 billion in 2022." As healthcare continues its role as the fastest growing sector in the U.S economy the need for acute real estate hospital campuses and medical office buildings is growing at an exponential rate.
San Diego is at the epicenter of the life sciences and healthcare industries with more than 1,225 life sciences companies and more than 80 independent and university-affiliated research institutes.
1. How are healthcare providers getting creative with real estate to capture patient demand?
2. How is the shifting healthcare landscape pushing real estate strategies outside traditional settings?
3. Do Medical Office Buildings offer a 200 bps cap-rate spread over traditional assets?
4. How is the shift in hospital-owned medical-practices impacting real estate in the market?
5. With more than 15M SF of laboratory space, is San Diego poised to remain one of the top three life science markets in the world?