President Michael Cooper elected as a Vice Chair of the ACEC National Executive Committee
HED President Michael Cooper, PE has been elected to serve as a Vice Chair of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Executive Committee.
A federation of 52 state and regional groups, ACEC is made up of more than 5,600 engineering firm and affiliate members, employing over 600,000 engineers, surveyors, architects, and specialists. The organization advocates locally and nationally to grow business opportunities, reduce risk for engineering firms, and to promote awareness of the value of solid engineering design by qualified experts. They encourage collaboration between practitioners and regions to build networks of colleagues for knowledge exchange, sharing of best practices, and business development. The council also creates and manages programming to educate firms to promote sound business leadership and management excellence and continually celebrates design excellence in the built environment by engineering firms whose projects promote societal and economic benefits and sustained quality of life.
"As an organization, ACEC fosters a business environment that promotes safe, impactful and sustainable design solutions. I believe in this mission personally and believe that our member firms will create a better world for all of us. I have been a part of the ACEC/Michigan leadership team for more than a decade, and am thrilled for the opportunity to now serve the organization at the national level," says Cooper.
Joining Cooper on ACEC's Executive Board are several other new members with terms beginning at the 2020 Annual Convention and Legislative Summit in Washington, D.C., including:
• Robin Greenleaf, CEO of Architectural Engineers, Inc., in Boston, who will become the new chair-elect.
• Edmond Alizadeh, president of Geotechnology, Inc. in St. Louis, who will serve as a Vice Chair.
• Matthew Hirst, president/COO of CRS Consulting Engineers in Salt Lake City, Utah, who will serve as a Vice Chair.
• Gary Raba, president of Raba Kistner, Inc. in San Antonio, who will serve as a Vice Chair.
• Jim Smith, Executive Director of ACEC/North Carolina, who will serve as the NAECE representative to the 2020-2021 Executive Committee.
The new officers will join Charles Gozdziewski, Chairman Emeritus of Hardesty & Hannover in New York; John Carrato, President/CEO of Alfred Benesch & Company in Chicago; Keith London, President/CEO of Kennedy/Jenks Consultants in Murrieta, CA.; Kenny Smith, CEO of T. Baker Smith in Houma, LA; and ACEC President/CEO Linda Bauer Darr on the 2020-2021 Executive Committee.